Saturday, November 22, 2008

Time Really Flies

I just returned from a mini-reunion with several rugby teammates from the eighties, with some I hadn't seen for 10 years. It was great to reminisce about the games we played, parties we attended and other fun times. There were many funny stories and other great memories.

The get-together also made me realize how fast time has passed. The memories were from our youth, but we were now much older, grayer, slower, and heavier. A few had become grandparents. It didn't seem that long ago that we were regularly playing rugby.

The reunion also gave me a better appreciation for the importance of spending time with my family. Similarly, it seems my time with my parents has passed by so quickly. I was busy working and they were also busy working. All of a sudden, they were in their 70s and 80s. It won't be long before my four year old daughter is grown and my wife and I will be in our 60s and 70s. I hope that retiring in my forties and consciously spending time together keeps the next 20 years from passing as fast :-)

For more on Reflections and Musings, check back every Saturday for a new segment.

This is not financial or family advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2008 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: