Thursday, June 04, 2009

First Trophy

Our daughter received her first trophy for playing on an instructional soccer team this spring. She was very excited to get a trophy, which was given out at the team after season get together. For months, she had been questioning me about trophies I had received in my childhood for sports. She couldn't wait until she won her first one.

I am glad the league had enough funding for quality trophies for every participant. Her trophy was quite nice, what I would call a "real" trophy. It was all metal, very solid and heavy. My first trophy, for a second place baseball team, had a metal statuette on a plastic base. My first "real" trophy happened when I received a MVP recognition award.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday for a new segment.

This is not financial, family or sports advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2009 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: