Monday, July 27, 2009

Stock Buy List - 7/27/09

As the market rally continues into the nineteenth week, I've decided to update my buy list, in anticipation of a good buying opportunity in the future. For background, see My Stock Picks for Q1 2007 for a description of the Modified Unemotional Investor Growth system. The Top 10 system is a direct application of the Unemotional Investor Growth system described in the book The Unemotional Investor by Robert Sheard.

In this update, no stocks passed all the Modified criteria. However, four of the Top 10 picks appealed to me and are listed below in the table.


My Wealth Builder Buy List - 7/24/09
StockSystem Used Target Buy PriceTarget Shares
Express Scripts (ESRX)

Top 10

less than $65

50 or less

Rock Tennessee (RKT)

Top 10

less than $40

50 or less

Research in Motion (RIMM)

Top 10

less than $70

50 or less

Elbit (ESLT)

Top 10

less than $60

50 or less



The target buy price represents the amount (or less) at which I hope to acquire the stock. Since the market is still volatile, I am hoping to make some purchases below the target buy price. However, if the market and these stocks continue to advance, I may be willing to buy into the rally.

Disclosure: At time of publication, I do not own any shares of the stocks mentioned.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday for a new segment.

This is not financial or investment advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2009 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: