Sunday, July 01, 2012

Final "Cramming" for My Checkup

This month I'll be preparing for the third of my health checkups in 2012.  My last blood test showed a signficant drop in triglycerides but only a slight drop in chloresterol.   In May, I implemented a rabbit diet which I've been sticking to about 60% of the time.  I've lost as much as 2% more of my weight, but haven't been able to sustainably keep the pounds off.  

So here's what I'll be doing:


  • Increase compliance with the rabbit diet.  I know I won't be able to achieve 100%, but I know I can get closer.  It will be hard with the July 4th holiday coming soon, so I will focus on starting in earnest by July 9.   But I will try to make some slight progess before then.  I will be disappointed if I don't see a further drop in my triglycerides and a noticeable drop in my chlorestrol.

  • Increase exercise. I'm not regularly at my target of exercising three times per week.  I'd like to get to three times a week for at least 1/2 hour each time.  If I can get to one hour each time that would be great.   Right now, I'm play golf once a week.  I've contacted a couple friends to start playing tennis a couple times of week in addition.

  • My blood test appointment is in late July.  So I will have a about 3-1/2 weeks to improve my results. 
    For more on  New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

    This is not financial  or health advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

    Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

    No comments: