Sunday, December 22, 2013

Hedging Against an Upside

Since 2011, I've been expecting a 10+% correction in the stock market to create a buying opportunity.  The correction hasn't happened and I've missed out on one of the 10 best years of stock market returns since 1947.  Oh well :-(

Although I continue to have a cautiously negative outlook on the stock market, I recognize that the it may continue advancing for a long period before the next 10% correction.  So I plan to use up to 10% of our investment funds to hedge against the upside that may continue for months.  That way we can participate somewhat in the market advance, while waiting for the inevitable correction to happen.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: