Friday, July 16, 2021

Still Hate a Daily Commute

I've been retired for over a decade and haven't had a regular daily morning and evening commute during that time.  Until now.   This week, I've been driving my daughter to her volunteer internship all five days.  

Although the traffic is not as bad as as I remember, due to many still working from home, it still was "rush hour" traffic.   It's 15 miles to her location, mostly on highway.   Of course, I head back home after dropping her off, which makes it a 30 mile trip.   So 60 miles a day, about an hour and half on the road.

I don't miss it.  Not one bit.

If I ever go back to work, I think I will only do a work from home job.  

For more on Reaping the Rewards, check back Fridays  for a new segment.

This is not financial nor career advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2021 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: