Featured Post

Expecting Higher Long Term Interest Rates

Recently, I was thinking that buying 20 year treasuries yielding 5% was a good option to lock in a good interest rate.  After TLT, the 20+ y...

Monday, October 13, 2025

Changing to ETFs for Fixed Income

I've been purchasing the bond ETFs in different accounts over the past couple weeks.   Although too short to really tell yet, I think the decision has been a good one.  Since interest rates appear to be declining, the bonds have been stable or slightly up, even after going ex-dividend. 

For now, I'm going to hold on purchasing any more bonds and wait to see how the government shutdown affects the rates.    If the EFT prices increase, I will just hold. If the ETF prices drop, I will consider buying more.   In either case, I will be getting a monthly interest dividend which will contribute to our retirement paycheck.

For more specifics on the bonds see Evaluating Owning Bond ETFs

For more details on a retirement paycheck see Creating a Retirement "Paycheck."

For more on Strategies and Plans Ideas , check back every Monday for a new segment.

This is not financial nor investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2025 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: