Saturday, November 03, 2007

Lifestyle Inflation Choices

Although I am a proponent of buying only what I need, I recognize that I am not perfect:-) Here's a quick accounting of how I do in various areas.


Did I Inflate My Lifestyle?
Category
Yes
No
Cell Phone

-

Don't have one, don't need one, don't want one:-)
Other ElectronicsLaptop, high speed Internet, digital camera, and an IPod (gift).No cable or satellite, video game console, or wide screen HD TV.
Personal GroomingPowered Gillette Fusion (gift) and a Phillips Sonicare electric toothbrush.

-

Vehicles

-

Base model truck, manual transmission, manual door locks, with A/C as the only option.
RecreationPool table.No gym or other club memberships.


Fortunately, most of my lifestyle inflation items were one time costs. The only item I chose with a recurring cost is high speed Internet. On the other hand, most of the lifestyle inflation items I avoided have (high) recurring cost. Hmm....I didn't realize this difference until writing this post and there may be a lesson in this analysis. Perhaps a topic for a future post :-)

For more on Reflections and Musings check back every Saturday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2007 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: