Featured Post

Not Buying Things I Don't Need

2008 Financial Resolution #2: Stop Buying Great Deals by Chief Family Officer is an great financial resolution. It reminded me of the ...

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Website Upgrade Complaint Miraculously Solved


Recently, I decided to give regular feedback to customer service about their website, rather than just put up with the issue.   Maybe it's working.

Over the weekend, my broker did a significant update to their website. I tried to login to a brokerage account website.  It wouldn't allow me to login.  I called tech support and their solution of clearing the cache worked.   When I logged in, the brokerage had updated the website.  Unfortunately, the website only showed 1/3 of the stock positions and there was no way to scroll down.  I reversed the alphabetical order and it only showed he bottom 1/3 of holding, but didn't allow view the first 2/3's.   

I called tech support again, but hung up after waiting 53 minutes.  I called a different number which was answered right away.  I explained the problem but was told that "the back office" was not in on the weekend and needed to be contacted Monday to Friday during business hours.  I said, "Please inform IT of the issue before Monday, if you can."

I hung up expecting to wait until Monday.  I tried logging in again and miraculously the "problem" was solved.  I was able to access all the stock positions.   

Finally, I admit that I'm often the first customer to report a website issue.   Maybe, IT was already working on it or maybe, my call in got some attention. 

For more on Ideas You Can Use, check back every  Tuesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, IT nor customer service advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: