Sunday, May 06, 2012

Net Short

Last week, I shorted three additional stocks and took two long positions.  My taxable trading account is now net short (i.e. value of shorted stocks is greater than the value of long positions) with three long postions and five short positions. Being net short was a good thing as the short positions declined further than the long positions, giving my portfolio a gain for the week.

The results of the Greek and French elections will likely cause the stock market to decline further this week.  If I've done a good job of choosing my shorts and longs, my portfolio should end up with a gain despite the market falling signficantly this week.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial or investment advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: