Thursday, February 21, 2019

Blitzscaling - the future of work.

The company from which I retired was well known for being successful by using consumer research, validated innovation processes, and manufacturing/advertising scale to win in the market.  The time from idea to market would often take years.   The company was and is very successful.

Blitzscaling by Reid Hoffman offers a massively different approach for what businesses need to do be be successful in the Internet age.   Essentially, it's go fast, go big, and fix on the fly.   Fast iteration and clear focus on what's really important are also critical elements.

It's the best business book I've ever read.  I've been reflecting on what I would/should have done differently in my career.  I definitely recommend this book to anyone thinking of starting their own business, working for a start up, or being a change agent in an established company.

I am also going to share this thinking with our kids.





Disclosure:  This post is my own opinion and I receive no compensation for writing it. This site receives a sales commission from Amazon.com for purchases made through Amazon links. This commission has no effect on the price or service received by the purchaser.

For more on  Crossing Generations, check back  Thursdays for a new segment.

This is not financial, investing, career or business advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2019 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: