Monday, August 12, 2019

Shoot For the Moon

While I think this market is due for a major correction, I'm placing small "bets" on investments that may shoot up signficantly under the right conditions.  Here are my "shoot for the moon" investment bets"

  • Oil -  This energy sector has been beat up so bad that some stocks at all time lows.  While I believe the heydays of oil are past, it is not inconceivable that there may be a spike to geopolitical issues that threaten the supply.  Should this happen, I will sell some of the peripheral holdings in this sector.
  • Precious metals - With declining interest rates, the price of silver and gold should increase.   I was buying junk silver coins from September 2018 to June 2019.  I also own shares of a could gold miners.  If gold and silver should increase signficantly in price, I will take some profits in our holdings.
  • Bitcoin -  In late 2018, I bought some shares of bitcoin related stocks.  The prices of these stocks have declined significantly since then, as much as 90%.   I have averaged down in most of these stocks.  With the geopolitical turmoil. there may be sharp spike in bitcoin and the related stocks.
We don't have enough invested in these stocks to make a difference either way.  However, if the stock prices should spike, I will feel vindicated for investing in these sectors.
For more on Strategies and Plans Ideas, check back Mondays  for a new segment.

This is not financial or investment advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2019 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: