Monday, March 29, 2021

Restricting Use of the "BUY" Button for Stocks

March has been a horrendous month for many stocks.   I've been scaling in on some of the stocks on my watch list.  Unfortunately, most of the stocks continue to sink lower.   In March 2020, I reacted by buying more and buying faster.    This time, I am slowing down my buying, hence my restriction for using "BUY" button.

First, I am assuming that stock prices will go lower.    So if  buy executes today, and the stock falls further, I do not buy more.   

Second, I put day buy limit orders below the current price, requiring the stock to fall before it is purchased.

Third, I put GTC buy limit orders significantly below the current price, as much as 10-20%.  That way I make the future purchase at a significant discount to today's price.

With 0% commission trading, I can afford to scale in as little as one share at a time.   That way I can increase exposure at low risk, in case the market continues to fall.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back Mondays  for a new segment.

This is not financial nor investing  advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2021 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: