- Job applicants were born after I graduated from college. Yes, I felt old when the candidate I was interviewing had a birth date after my graduation year. It made me realize I was potentially as old as the applicant's parent.
- I could have never been that the green. Sometimes I can't believe how inexperienced new hires are about the working world. I don't remember ever being that green, but I probably was.
- Early thirties seems young. On of my first supervisors was 33 when I started working in his group. He had already been married 10 years and had three kids. He seemed really old to me. Now I think of 33 as being pretty young.
- Teenage kids exceed my sports skills. Up until my late thirties, I could still hold my own against college and high school kids in games like rugby, touch football and tennis. Although I haven't tested myself in rugby or football recently, I now regularly lose to high school kids who play on a tennis team.
- I'm sore after light physical activity. It used take a game of football or rugby to cause my body to be sore. Nowadays, it seems I'll be noticeably sore after playing a set of tennis, mowing the grass or even trimming tree branches.
For more on Reaping the Rewards, check back every Friday for a new segment.
This is not financial or aging advice. Please consult a professional advisor.
Copyright © 2009 Achievement Catalyst, LLC