Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #25

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" and am highlighting posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

Continual Growth and Reinvention - Here's one way to avoid becoming obsolete.

On-line Bill Paying Services -Save Money, Time and Reduce Stress - Electronic bill paying is a great banking service because it benefits me.

Assisted Living - Pros and Cons - These were some of my thoughts as my mom moved to assisted living.


2008

Our Daughter's Investment Earnings Won't Be Taxed - According to 2007 federal income tax laws (and still true in 2011), dependent children under 18 can earn up to $850 of interest or dividend income and owe zero income taxes.

Saver's Credit Helps With Retirement Savings - The Saver's Credit was enacted in 2001, made permanent in 2006 and provides a non-refundable tax credit for contributions to retirement accounts such as IRAs and 401Ks.


2009

Making our Financial Plans Stronger - Here are some changes I've made based on our experience during the Great Recession.

Reduce Spending without Sacrificing Lifestyle #1 - Eliminate Waste - Here's one great way to reduce spending.

Lessons from my Dad - Reduce Taxable Income by Contributing To IRAs - Save for retirement AND pay less taxes.

Retiring on the Cheap - Part II - Consider a state with lower taxes.

Mutual Christmas Gift Reduction - My sister and I instituted this idea in 2008.


2010

A Personal Finance Perspective on the U.S. Budget - I scaled the U.S. budget proposals of early 2010 to an individual level. The outlook was concerning

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, career, investing, political, retirement or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: