Sunday, February 20, 2011

From Retiree to President

In March 2011, I will hire on as the President of a recently formed non-profit organization. So my three and half year early retirement will come to an end. I am excited about joining during this stage of the organization's history. The role is temporary and is expected to last no longer than the end of the year. By 2012, the organization will have completed an executive search and hired a someone to fill the role of President in a permanent capacity.

At this point, I've told the search committee I do not plan to apply for the permanent position. While I reserve the right to change my mind, I am looking forward to returning to retirement by the end of 2011. In the meantime, I expect that my experiences and skills will enable to me significantly help the organization this year.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement or career advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

1 comment:

Charles said...

Best of luck "leaving retirement"