Saturday, December 01, 2012

A Different Opinion on The Fiscal Cliff

As I posted before, I believe going off the fiscal cliff is inevitable.   Last week I heard an interesting opposing viewpoint:  The fiscal cliff compromise has been or is nearly complete.    The politicians' brinkmanship is just for the benefit of the constituency that voted for them.

I hope he's right, but I doubt it. That would be rising above the politics, which I don't think will happen.  I think it's more likely the politician have agreed to let the fiscal cliff happen, so that both parties can look good when negotiating a solution.  That would be more consistent with the behavior I've seen from our elected officials :-)

For more on Reflections and Musings, check back every Saturday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: