Friday, December 21, 2012

Health Tests for Men to Get

Health tests your doctor doesn't know you need  describes 11 health test men should get:

Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
Endoscopic Colonoscopy
Testosterone and Estrogen Blood Test
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Blood Test
Vitamin D Blood Test
Stress Test with EKG
Omega 3 Blood Test
Advance Cholesterol Panel
Multidetector Computer Tomography
Highly Sensitive C-Reactive Protein Blood Test
Skin Cancer Screening

As I've become older, I've realized that I need to be more active in managing my health.  Currently, I have done 4 of the 11 tests: endoscopic colonoscopy, stress test with EKG, C-reactive protein, and skin cancer..  In addition, I get the regular cholesterol and glucose testing. 

At this time, I will consult with my doctor about doing the additional blood tests (testosterone, estrogen, thyroid, vitamin D, omega 3) for a baseline since cholesterol/glucose already require a blood draw. My doctor has decline prescribing the advanced cholesterol panel since there are no targets.   For now, I will pass on the multidetector CT since that will expose me to high radiation, making the risks greater than the benefit. 

For more on Reaping the Rewards, check back every Friday  for a new segment.


This is not financial or health advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: