Monday, December 24, 2012

Free Stock Trades

Lately, I've been asking for  free stock trades for a limited time from the major brokerages for transferring new funds into my accounts.   I've already taken advantage of this opportunity to test some trading strategies and to slowly trickle funds back into stocks.   Tonight, I noticed a free stock trade offer from a major brokerage for maintaining a minimum cash balance in the account.  Since I already have an account with that brokerage, I plan to check into this opportunity right after the Christmas holiday.

It seems brokerages are competing harder for investor's funds since trades typically cost about $9 per transaction.   I haven't though much about switching to save $3-4 per transaction.   However, when the price is free, I will consider moving more of my funds to companies that offer $0 commissions.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday  for a new segment.


This is not financial  or investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: