Monday, July 11, 2011

Repeal ObamaCare to Raise the Debt Limit

If I were in Congress, I would call President Obama's negotiation bluff that everything is on the table.   My position would be to only vote for an increase in the debt ceiling if Obamacare is repealed.   I'm sure the current analysis shows that Obamacare will now increase the deficit in the future.  I bet repealing Obamacare will save quite a bit of money :-)
 
That way the Democrats can keep their entitlements, the Republicans can avoid a tax increase, and the President can compromise to get a debt ceiling increase.  
 
I guess people in Congress play more golf than poker.   Otherwise, they would have figured out sooner to call Mr. Obama's bluff.
 
For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday for a new segment.

This is not financial or policy advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: