Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #49

It's been almost five years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" which highlights posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

On Being a Landlord   - I would only want property that could be handled by a property management company and still make money.  Unfortunately, there aren't many properties that meet this criteria.

Home Maintenance Costs AND Planning For Them   -  Expect some major costs to maintain a home.

Did You Know?   - My conclusion is that the U.S. is falling behind fast.


2008

My Best Money Decisions     -  Here are my top five.

Five Retirement Risks      -   Unfortunately, retirement isn't risk free.


2009

The Obama Bait and Switch    -  I lost some readers over this article.  However, I still think President Obama is the master of bait and switch. The latest?  He ran as a Democrat, but lately he looking very ... well, Republican.

Article on Causes of Mortgage Foreclosure    -  A good reason for a 20% down payment.


2010

Protecting Near Term Fund Needs      -  Now, we're protecting near term and longer term expense needs.

Determining Failure Points for our Retirement Savings - A good reminder for me to do this exercise again with our financial advisor.

 To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement, parenting, tax, investing, career or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: