Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #48

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" which highlights posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

Estimating How Long One Will Live  - In 2007, the calculator estimated 73  for me.  Only 20 years remaining :-(.

Eight Random Facts About Super Saver  - Here are some non-financial facts about me.

Why Most People Get Returns Less Than The Market  - Loss aversion is my main reason. I need to learn to cut my losses sooner.

Lessons From My Dad - Fair Buyouts - A good clause to build into a partnership agreement.

2008

Avoiding Investing Mistakes I Made In 2002     -  The pain of 08  - 09 is causing me not to do #4. I've sold out of almost all my stock investments.
Emotional Stages During A Bear Market      -   It starts with Denial.


2009

Early Retirement Planning - Our Important Age Milestones   - Mine are 59-1/2, 70, and 70-1/2.   I would add 62 since I am now considering taking Social Security payments at that age. 
Possible Scenario - A Long Bear Market   - Maybe it is still a bear market :-(

Preparing our Child for Job Market Uncertainty - I'm sure my daughter will not work for one employer like I did for my entire career.

2010
Distribution of Expenses by Category - Retirement vs. Working     -  Here's how retirement changed how our annual expense as a proportion of the total budget.

 To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement, parenting, tax, investing, career or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: