Monday, June 18, 2012

Taking a Break from the Stock Market Today

With the pro-bailout party winning the Greek elections, I expect the U.S. stock market to open up today.   How long it will stay up, no one knows.  I've decided to be away from my computer most of the day to avoid watching my long short portfolio decline with the market rally.  The excitement due to the market volatility is more than I want to experience today.

So I will be taking my daughter to her tennis lesson this morning, visiting a our favorite coin collection shop afterwards, and hopefully, taking my daughter and a friend to a park event in the afternoon.   These activities should use up most of the day and since I don't have a cell phone, I won't be able to track the market throughout the day.

I won't check my investment results until after the market closes at 4PM.  At this point, I expect at 2-3% loss in my investments.   A loss lower than that will be a pleasant surprise.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday  for a new segment.
This is not financial or investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: