Sunday, April 21, 2013

Still Losing Weight

I've been on the Ornish reversing heart disease diet for about four months. To me, another name for this diet might be the "eat more diet." Since starting this diet, I've lost about 18% of my weight while consistently eating enough to feel full. In fact, I'm consciously trying to eat greater amounts and more often to stop the weight decline (or even to start gaining weight) since I'm within a few pounds of the bottom weight range for my height.

Otherwise the diet has been fine. I feel good and hopefully it is helping reduce the plaque buildup in my heart arteries. For now, I plan to continue with the diet. I've already consulted with a dietitian on which foods will help increase my calorie intake. If my weight keeps dropping, I will followup with my doctor.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial or health advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: