Saturday, April 06, 2013

Where's the Brinkmanship?

After all the finger pointing in the past, I'm surprised that President Obama and the Republican majority house have been relatively silent with the debt ceiling deadline nearing again.   I wonder why?

I've been expecting a full blown political positioning by both sides, which would have created significant volatility and downward pressure for the stock market, and therefore, created a buying opportunity for me. 

The debt ceiling issues has been pushed off to mid May, 2013 with a Congressional plan to temporarily suspend the debt ceiling.  

Congress can't do this forever, so I expect the brinkmanship to return before the end of 2013.

For more on Reflections and Musings, check back every Saturday for a new segment.

This is not financial or policy advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: