Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Look at the Economy, not Politics

From 2009 to 2016, I was under invested because I believed the administrations policies would be a significant drag on the economy.   (Actually, the policies were a drag but in a good way to keep the economy from overheating.)   So I partially missed out on a great bull market advance.

Now the people with the opposite political beliefs are making the same mistake.   I know people who believe that Trump will soon bring down the market.   So they have deinvested from the market.  They are making the same mistake I did in 2009, investing based on political beliefs.

Instead, the economy is doing well, and Trump keeps it from overheating.  So I'll plan on the market continuing its slow advance, since no bubbles, with the exception of bitcoin, are happening.  And there isn't enough market cap in bitcoin to bring down the economy if there is a bitcoin crash.

For more on  Ideas You Can Use, check back Tuesdays for a new segment.

This is not financial or investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2017 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: