Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Final Freebie Update

Previously I wrote about getting freebies for activities I was already planning to do - i.e. double dipping. Here is an update on the status of the rewards for participating.


Update on Freebies

Promotion Sponsor

Reward

Submitted

Status

TD AmeritradeIPod Nano for opening and funding a new account with $10,000February 14, 2007Received a silver 2GB IPod Nano on April 13, 2007.
Mazda$25 Visa Gift Card for test driving any Mazda.March 9, 2007Received $25 Visa Gift Card on June 4, 2007. I had called in April and the processing center told me that my form was received and the card would be sent out in June.
Chevy$25 Best Buy Gift Card for for test driving a Chevy HHR.March 31, 2007Received Best Buy Gift Card on April 28, 2007. I enjoyed driving a loaded HHR, which is a new SUV crossover design. MSRP was about $23,000.
Bausch & LombFree Bausch & Lomb Wear&Care Program Kit.April 7, 2007Received April 28,2007. The kit included 12 contact lens cases and a bottle for rewetting eye drops. Estimated value - $35 to $45.
Ford$50 Target Gift Card for for test driving a Ford Edge.April 16, 2007Received April 30, 2007. I enjoyed driving a loaded Edge, which is a new SUV crossover design. MSRP was about $32,000.


Since these were activities I was already planning to do, the promotions were a nice additional bonus. However, since I qualified for each promotion, I tracked them until the bonuses were received :-)

Overall, I am impressed with the timeliness of most of the bonuses. The Mazda promotion is the only one that is that took a long time (almost two months). The Ford Edge promotion was the fastest, being delivered in two weeks.

For more on Ideas You Can Use , check back every Tuesday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2007 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: