Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lessons From My Mom - Save For Big Ticket Items


While my mom did not work, she was an excellent saver. She always allotted a part of her monthly household allowance to savings. I didn't realize how much she saved until Mom and I were talking about finances one day. Here are a few of the big ticket items that Mom covered from savings:





  1. Down payment (or additional down payment) on each house they purchased.
  2. Several car purchases.
  3. Down payment on several investment properties.
Pretty impressive for someone who has always been a stay at home mom.

For more on Crossing Generations , check back every Thursday for a new segment.
Photo Credit: morgueFile.com, Michael Connors

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2007 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How interesting! My Mom has similiar philosophy on money matters.

-goldfish