Monday, August 20, 2007

8/20/07 Stock Purchase Update - Portfolio Went Negative

In my 8/13/07 stock purchase update, I wrote about how my stock buy selections of Terex (TEX), Potash (POT), Shaw Communications (SJR) and Avnet (AVT) were performing. In that update, the portfolio was up $913 for a 5.2% gain, down from a peak of $2310 and 13.2% on 7/23/07. Although I predicted a reversal in New Life For The Bull Market, the markets continued to be ugly and the portfolio finally went negative, down $94 for a 0.5% loss. Here's the current status on the positions in these four stocks:

My Wealth Builder Buy List
StockSharesPurchase Price

Current Price
8/17/07

Terex (TEX)50

$82.36

$72.47

Potash (POT)50

$71.39

$75.70

Shaw Communications B (SJR)100*

$21.755

$21.71

Avnet (AVT)200

$38.11

$39.06


* 2 for 1 split on 8/3/07

Overall, I am still happy with the performance of these four stocks, given that the overall decline of the market. Since the last update, TEX and POT declined significantly, while AVT and SJR were down slightly.

I have been impressed with my ability to stay invested in these stocks, in spite of the market volatility. In the past, I would have closed out the entire position with this level of volatility. However, the central bank interventions have convinced me that the bull market is in its last stage, and I will consider closing out these positions during the next significant rally.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday for a new segment.

This is not financial or investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2007 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: