Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #42

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" which highlights posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

Quit Today   - Quit chasing the unattainable goal of a career that is rewarding emotionally and financially and one that fulfills a personal life mission.

Personal Finance Tips - Country & Western Style  - My entertaining look at personal finance tips.

Wealth Building Dilemma - The Rich Do Not Save - For people that think higher incomes with help them save, think again.

 
2008

How To Profit From Bubbles    -  No bubble for stocks yet.   Maybe for precious metals, but it's too late for me to profit for a precious metal bubble.

Create Habits To Get The Desired Result   -  For me, a good financial habit works better than micromanaging.

When Past Results Often Guarantee Future Performance    - When dealing with companies and people, past results often predict future performance.


2009

Free Summer Activities for our Four Year Old     - The movies are $1 this year, but the other ideas are still free.

Our Principles for Saving    -  Start early, save often and save a lot.

Our Recipe for Early Retirement  - These elements worked for us.  YMMV.


2010

Our Three Financial Measures  - In our household, we measure three values to determine our financial health: investment income, total savings, and total debt.

Childhood Money Misperceptions - After writing this, I realized that some children do not grow out these beliefs :-)


To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement, parenting, or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: