Featured Post

Preparing for Fixed Income Buying Opportunity

Interest rates are going up.   And going up big, it appears.  I'm using the 1980s 10 year treasury interest rates of 15.84%  as referenc...

Thursday, August 01, 2013

Real Estate Holdings Significantly Increased

Due to an inheritance from my parents, about 20% of our retirement and savings assets are now invested in real estate.  This is up from 0% since I don't include our house has part of retirement and savings assets, even though the mortgage is paid off.

The good news is that both properties are paid off and I have no mortgage. In addition, the rental property is positive cash flow.   The bad news is that real estate is not the booming investment it once was and both properties will require active involvement by me.   So, I am getting the opportunity to learn more about real estate.

For more on  Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: