Sunday, January 08, 2017

Skied Moguls Successfully

"Life's too short to drink cheap wine." ~ my college roommate

Our local ski resort has relied on making snow the entire winter, often running the snow making blowers for 24-48 hours.  This results in the creation of moguls since the snow builds up in a limited area.  Over time, the moguls are groomed flat, but initially, the slopes are pretty bumpy.

Although I've progressed well in the past two years, skiing the moguls was a new challenge for me.  My daughter, who has the same years of experience as me, did better than I did, only falling a couple times.   I fell about half the runs and then finally figured it out in the last run.   I needed to start slower at the top, and ski more down hill, instead of across the slope.  That way, I have more control.

My last run was the best run

Unfortunately, the temperatures will be going into the 60s this week.  So I may not be able to test my abilities until next weekend or later, when temperatures drop low enough for more snow making.

For more on  New Beginnings, check back  Sundays for a new segment.

This is not financial or skiing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2017 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: