Featured Post

Not Buying Things I Don't Need

2008 Financial Resolution #2: Stop Buying Great Deals by Chief Family Officer is an great financial resolution. It reminded me of the ...

Saturday, June 20, 2026

DIY Projects Almost Always Take Longer than Expected

I procrastinate on DIY projects since they inevitably take more time or materials that I expected on planned to use.   In the past, I needed to find and buy new materials or tools.   Lately though, I now have enough material or tools in house and just more time is required.

Recently, I replaced the handle on our sliding glass patio door.   My spouse was particularly unhappy with corrosion/oxidation of the outside metal handle.   It doesn't bother me, and if it did, I would just paint it, which I offered to do.   Instead, we decided to install a new handle which was a different design.  However, the new handle didn't cover the previous area complete, which required that I paint.   In addition, I needed to drill the attachment holes slight larger.

Luckily, I had the paint the the drill bit to make the adjustment.  It took a twice to three the times and effort, but I didn't need to make a trip to the store. 

For more on Reflections and Musings, check back every Saturday for a new segment.

This is not financial nor DIY advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: