Saturday, March 17, 2007

Carnival Round Up For The Week #5

Here are the Carnivals from this past week that I am reading :


The Carnival of Personal Finance #91 is organized by The Sun's Financial Diary.My Carnival choice is by The Stubborn Capitalist who presents The "Get Rich Quick" Fallacy. The article makes the point that "quick" does not mean "easy." In fact, his main learning from trying "get rich quick" programs is that getting rich requires hard work.
The Investor's Blog Network (IBN) Carnival #2 is hosted by Investors Trip.My Carnival pick is What do you make of a stock market sell-off? by The Digerati Life, which advocates that fundamentals are still good at this time and only traders should consider exiting.

I guess I'm a trader:-) I closed out all my 2007 purchases in my personal accounts on March 2, 2007 and am waiting for a clear bottom in the correction. In addition, I am seriously considering opportunities to short stocks for the first time since 2004.
The Carnival of Family Life #45 is at Adventure in the 100 Acre Wood.

My Carnival choice is Great Ways for Kids to Make Money posted at Getting Green. He presents a list of jobs that can help children learn about earning money for work.

I would provide the additional possibilityof leveraging the Internet, since age and capital are not as critical in starting a successful Internet business.

The Festival of Stocks #27 is presented by Fat Pitch Financials.

My Festival pick is Is Chico’s Turning the Corner? at One Guy’s Investments, primarily because I currently own Chico's.

Unfortunately, I have lost money on Chico's and am hoping that his analysis is right. Hope springs eternal, especially when one's investment has declined:-)

The Carnival of Investing is hosted by The Skilled Investor Blog.

My Carnival choice is Gold As Investment: The Basics posted at Money, Matter, and More Musings, which provides an excellent explanation of a karat and why it is important to the value of gold.

Gold always has appealed to me, but jewelry and mining shares are the only forms I have owned to date. The inconvenience and worry related to keeping it are the main reasons I haven't invested in gold bullion or coins.

The Festival of Frugality #65 is presented by The Festival of Frugality.

My Festival choice is Stop The Financial Leakage! by My Two Dollars, which offers good tips on eliminating postage for paying bills, reducing cell phone plan costs, and not wasting water.

My additional tip would be to eliminate the cell phone completely as I suggested in Buy Only What You Need.




I hope you enjoy reading these Carnivals and finding ideas you can use.

Check back on Saturday for the next Reflections and Musings segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2007 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice list, and I like your commentary. I realize the amount of work put in just reading and reviewing other articles so great job on this! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to the Carnival, Super Saver!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning the gold article. I am trying to gather some matter for the next article in the series, but it's been very tough to get into some gold investment details. Will write something in the coming week I hope.