Featured Post

Still Hodling "Buy the Dip Stocks" for Now

Volatility makes it challenging to hodl buy the dip stocks.  When a very profitable stock dips 20, 30 or 50%, my instinct is to sell and kee...

Thursday, July 23, 2026

McDonald's French Fries Sticker Shock

We hardly ever eat as fast food restaurants nowadays.  Maybe sometimes when driving on a trip and we didn't pack enough to eat.  

Recently, my son was in a tennis tournament, playing consecutive matches over 5 hours.   Although we packed food and drink for the session, we decided to get a quick bite when he had a longer break.  He didn't want much, just fries.  I ordered large fries, since I wanted to have a small snack too.  To my surprise, the large fries were $4.19.   Sticker shock.


 What happened to the dollar menu, when I remember fries were just $1?   My daughter told me that $1 fries are the regular promotional price if one uses the app.  Unfortunately, I prefer not to have nor use restaurant apps since I don't like them tracking me.  So, I'm not getting the McDonald's app.   And I'm not going there in the future.  Never again.

Disclosure:  I received no compensation for writing this post.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday  for a new segment.

This is not financial, app nor fast food advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: