Featured Post

Still Hodling "Buy the Dip Stocks" for Now

Volatility makes it challenging to hodl buy the dip stocks.  When a very profitable stock dips 20, 30 or 50%, my instinct is to sell and kee...

Monday, July 20, 2026

Is It Time to Add More Fixed Income?

Back in 2021, I bought a CD paying 1% because I agreed with Bernanke when he said interest rates would never be high again in his lifetime.  Well, Ben is still alive and interest rates are now up to 5%.   My 2021 CD matures this year and I can reinvest it.

Historically, 5% has been a very good long term interest rate.  I've already put some funds into the 20 year treasury bond yielding a little over 5%.   I will wait to see how interest rates move before making our next bond investments.

For more on  Strategy and Plans, check back every  Monday for a new segment.

This is not financial, fixed income nor investment advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: