Featured Post

Not Buying Things I Don't Need

2008 Financial Resolution #2: Stop Buying Great Deals by Chief Family Officer is an great financial resolution. It reminded me of the ...

Thursday, July 23, 2026

McDonald's French Fries Sticker Shock

We hardly ever eat as fast food restaurants nowadays.  Maybe sometimes when driving on a trip and we didn't pack enough to eat.  

Recently, my son was in a tennis tournament, playing consecutive matches over 5 hours.   Although we packed food and drink for the session, we decided to get a quick bite when he had a longer break.  He didn't want much, just fries.  I ordered large fries, since I wanted to have a small snack too.  To my surprise, the large fries were $4.19.   Sticker shock.


 What happened to the dollar menu, when I remember fries were just $1?   My daughter told me that $1 fries are the regular promotional price if one uses the app.  Unfortunately, I prefer not to have nor use restaurant apps since I don't like them tracking me.  So, I'm not getting the McDonald's app.   And I'm not going there in the future.  Never again.

Disclosure:  I received no compensation for writing this post.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday  for a new segment.

This is not financial, app nor fast food advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: