Featured Post

Still Hodling "Buy the Dip Stocks" for Now

Volatility makes it challenging to hodl buy the dip stocks.  When a very profitable stock dips 20, 30 or 50%, my instinct is to sell and kee...

Friday, July 24, 2026

Missing Parts Magically Appearing

I try to leave parts in "known" places so that I remember to look there again.  Often, I can find parts that I have placed over 5 years ago.  Recently, I replaced tail lights in two vehicles from parts purchased (due to coming in pairs) over 5 years ago.  It has been a relatively good system.  Of course, it works until it doesn't.  Lately some parts aren't where I thought they would be. Sometimes, I can't find them for months.  

However, in the past couple weeks, some parts that have missing for almost year reappeared miraculously, in a place I didn't think I put things.   I have a few theories of how this happened.
  1. Gremlins.  Yeah, they come around in the evening a surreptitiously move the items.  
  2. Multi-verse.  OK, I'm moving between parallel universes that are similar, but not exactly the same.
  3. Memory lapse.   Unfortunately, this is probably the reason.  I put things somewhere and don't remember where I put it.
Currently, very few parts are MIA.   I continue to hope that these missing parts will show up...eventually.
In the meantime, I will reduce the number of locations I use for storing miscellaneous parts.

For more on Reaping the Rewards, check back every  Friday for a new segment.

This is not financial, memory nor parts storage advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: