Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Timeless Articles from the Archives #9

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" that will highlight posts from the same week in 2006-2009.

For the week in 2006, I shared my thoughts on starting to invest in Investing 101 - Getting Started . I also wrote Saving Money for College about our thinking on how to pay for our daughter's college education.

For the week in 2007, I wrote about how Every Day is Saturday! which described how early retirement seemed. I also posted New Beginning - A Time Of Unlimited Choices on how I was beginning my early retirement. In My Wealth Paradigm, I shared how my view of wealth had changed over time. In Personal Finance Math, I wrote about two math equations are important to use in personal finance matters. I also wrote about what I thought The Value of a Graduate Degree was in business and life. Finally, I shared the second of the financial freedom series in Our Journey To Financial Freedom #2 - The Value of Higher Education.

For the week in 2008, I wrote Miraculous Weight Loss which described a significant weight loss despite eating well while on a camping trip. I also described Bear Market Survival Skills and described what we were doing in How This Retiree is Dealing with Stock Market Collapse . So far these strategies have been helping. Finally, I wrote about why It's Time for New Leadership in Congress.

For the week in 2009, I post End of Year Tax Planning - Deductions which still applies in 2010. I also wrote Why Stocks Still Make Sense to Me which I believe is still true today. I summarized some tax credits in Potential Tax Credits Related to Children - 2009 Update. Some of these may expire in 2010 if the Bush tax cuts are not extended. In Looking for Great Part Time Retiree Jobs, I wrote about the criteria I've developed.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and were worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, job , retirement or tax advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: