Sunday, January 30, 2011

Taking a Path Towards Un-Retirement

I've decided to apply and interview for an executive director position at a non-profit. While the role will be part time initially, I expect it become a full time job within a few months. I am willing to accept the position if the role is temporary, i.e. an interim executive director. My plan is to help find and transition to a permanent executive director by 2012.

Since this will likely to become a full time position, I acknowledge that taking the position would effectively take me out of retirement. However, to be clear, I do not have an offer at this time so I am not yet un-retired:-)

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement or career advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: