Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #23

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" and am highlighting posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

Retire Younger and Live Longer - Retiring later in life can be hazardous:-)

Lessons From My Daughter - Creativity - There can be more than one right answer.

My Wealth Building Strategies - For us, it was save, preserve and grow.

Why I Pay Cash For A Car - It helps me be frugal and save money.

Why Wealth Is A Family Responsibility - Everyone in the family has a responsibility, both parents and children.


2008

Signalling Wealth - Nicer cars, nicer houses, nicer clothing etc. are just some of the ways one can signal wealth to one's peers. Since it is part of human nature to seek status in one's community, I am not immune to participating. For most things, we choose to buy only what we need and signalling wealth happens in a few areas for us.

I Won't Pay To Use My Own Money - I absolutely hate paying fees to use my own money. A few dollars here and there can add up to lots of money. My preferred approach is to find solutions that require no fee.


2009

How Saving has Enabled Us - Our savings has enabled a lot of what we like to do. It's one of the reasons that I made paying myself first a part of our financial strategies.

Driving Like Worms - Here's how I grumble at people who drive expensive sports cars and stall while making a left turn :-)

My Life Improvements from Retiring Early - Priceless.


2010

Taxes - DIY or Hire a Preparer? - Here are three questions to consider.

Living on a Cash Basis was a Good Experience - Living on a cash basis quickly taught me financial responsibility, since the lack of cash had consequences.

Want to Retire Early? - They Need an App for That - With the growing popularity of apps, I think there ought to be some to provide assistance in retiring early:-)

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, career, investing, parenting, retirement or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: