Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #24

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" and am highlighting posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

Could Your Job Become Extinct? - Here are five signs.

When Reality is Different Than Perception - Here are some instances when financial reality is different from financial perception.


2008

Statistics and Probabilities Can Be One's Friend - Using a strategy that is validated by the statistics and probabilities will eventually pay out.

Retirement Expense Planning - Allocation To Fixed Income And Cash - Fortunately, in early 2008, we funded four years of retirement expenses with short term fixed income investments and money market funds.


2009

Choosing Between Taxable and Tax Deferred Saving Accounts - I've summarized my view of the tax treatment for tax deferred and taxable saving accounts.

Teaching Delayed Gratification Skills - I believe that delayed gratification is an important life skill.


2010

My Incentives to Work in Retirement - While I still work for pay, the incentives for choosing the job are often other than money.

Remembering my Time is Precious - I want to get the most out of the time that I have.

It's the People's Government, Stupid - I want elected officials who will serve all the people.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, career, investing, political, retirement or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: