Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #21

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" and am highlighting posts from the same week in 2006-2010.


2007

Trusts, Wills and Other Estate Matters - We didn't seriously consider getting all our estate planning papers in place until we were transferred on an international assignment. Here are the documents we created.


2008

Not Buying Things I Don't Need - A good resolution that I acknowledged again.

Doing What One Loves - The Difference Between Theory And Practice - Doing what I love pays much less that what I did for work.


Turning a Great Small Business into a Fortune - Here are my insights on how people have turned small businesses into very large successful businesses.

Own Individual Bonds Instead of Bond Funds - Bond fund values will fluctuate with interest rate volatility, while individual bonds will pay face value at maturity.



The Rise and Fall of Financial Alchemy - Unfortunately, valuable financial products can be created from junk bonds.


2009


None


2010

Reasons to Retire - Here was my perspective on the Ten reasons to retire posted at A Private Portfolio.


To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, career, investing, estate planning, retirement or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: