Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Timeless Articles from the Archives #3

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I am starting a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" that will highlight posts from the same week in 2006-2009.

For the week in 2006, I wrote Building Wealth on Only $1 per Day. This post shared how compound interest can make even small amounts become large over time. In Cash or Credit, I wrote about why we choose to pay cash even for large purchases.

For the week in 2007, I wrote about Net Unrealized Appreciation - A Great Tax Benefit for Retirees. Net Unrealized Appreciate (NUA) is a way to significantly reduce the tax owed from a employer retirement account. In Renting versus Owning, I explain why we choose to rent low use items such as vacation homes or recreation vehicles.

For the week in 2008, I wrote about Non-Financial Events that Could Negatively Affect my Retirement. Death covered most of the events and living past 100 covered the last one.

For the week in 2009, How Much to Pay for a Business, I revisited how to value a small business. I concluded I would be better off financially to work for someone than to make the same amount after buying a business.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and were worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, saving, retirement, or business advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: