Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Timeless Articles from the Archives #6

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I am starting a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" that will highlight posts from the same week in 2006-2009.

For the week in 2006, I wrote To Budget or Not to Budget ... in which I shared our budget strategy of saving first and then spending the rest. I also wrote about Frugal or Stingy? which shared theoretical examples of both characteristics. In Avoiding an Expensive Mortgage Mistake, I wrote about my concern with adjustable rate mortgages and our preference for conservative fixed rates mortgages. Finally, I wrote how I like Using Other People's Money to Save.

For the week in 2007, I wrote a number of great timeless articles. ForTime or Money - Which Is More Important To Me?, I concluded time was the answer. In Reduce 2007 Taxes: Accelerate Deductions or Delay Income, I wrote how being able to time deductions or income could reduce tax liability. Some Money Rules of Thumb I Use shared ones from an MSN.com that I used. Financial Lessons From My Parents shared my top five lessons that I learned. Finally, in Business Week - Retiring Early Strategies: The Forties, I evaluated the strategies shared and added perspective based on my experience.

For the week in 2008, I wrote Will this Financial Crisis become a Panic? I thought the answer was no, but it turned out to be yes.

For the week of 2009, I wrote Lessons From the Crash which we are still following in 2010.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and were worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, saving, retirement, or tax advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: