Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Still Sitting on the Sidelines

For now I'm keeping most of the funds in our savings and retirement accounts on the sidelines.  I'm going to wait it out until there is more clear positive direction.  So the market volatility of the past month hasn't been of much concern.  I don't care if Ben Bernanke says the economy is getting better or worse.  I don't care if Greece defaults or makes its debt payments.  I don't care if President Obama makes a great or poor jobs speech.   Our portfolio doesn't change by much.
 
Selling until I wouldn't worry about our portfolio was a good move.   I no longer worry about potential daily 4-5 % drops.
 
I can sleep at night.
 
For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday  for a new segment.
This is not financial or investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: