Friday, September 23, 2011

Keeping My Mind Off the Stock Market

Besides getting paid regularly, working a temporary full time job had one other major benefit.  It kept my mind off the stock market during the summer gyrations. I haven't had much time to follow the stock market, the debt crisis or the President's new job plan.    My strategy of selling most of our stock holdings in June 2011 probably also helped :-)

Now that there is little over a month left in my job,  I have more time for current events reading.  So I'm paying more attention to the stock market.   However, I'm still going to avoid worrying about the stock market volatility.  After all, there isn't much I can do about the stock market, the economy or the political situation. 

So I'm going to continue not worrying about the stock market even after I retire again.  
 
For more on  Reaping the Rewards, check back every Friday for a new segment.
This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

1 comment:

Andy Hough said...

I just put some more money into the stock market. The last time I put very much money into the market was back in October/November 2008 and that turned out to be pretty good timing. I hope I get that lucky again. If not, my investments are still pretty small compared to what I eventually hope to have invested so I should be able to recover.