Thursday, July 25, 2013

First Times with Technology

I'm always amazed at how much earlier our daughter interacts effectively with technology versus when I did.  I remember when I saw her pause the DVD at five, even though no one taught her how to do it.  I almost never used the pause feature before our daughter did.

Here are some other examples of our daughter using technology at a much younger age than me.

Age of Experience
Technology ActivityDaughter
Me
Fly in Airplane
1
20
Use Computer
3
19
Own Computer
8
25
Download Music
8
n/a

I'm sure the trend will continue as she gets older.  She will definitely own a cell phone before me, since I still refuse to get one.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every  Thursday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: