Sunday, July 07, 2013

Our Highest Investment Level Since 2009

With the trickling in of funds to equity investments over the past two months, our retirement and savings accounts are at the highest level of equity investments since late 2008, when we had about 8 times my pre-retirement salary fully invested.    The level went as low as 3 times my pre-retirement salary in mid 2011.   Now, the level is up to 5 times my pre-retirement salary.

Currently, we are about 25% invested in equities versus about 50% in late 2008.  Since I am still willing to increase our equity investments, we are still trickling funds into the market.  I'm still not ready to be 50% invested, but adding another 5% or about 1 times my pre-retirement salary would be reasonable.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: