Sunday, April 26, 2020

Stimulus Check is in the Mail

Since I filed a 2018 tax return and our refund was direct deposited, I expected to be one of the first recipients of the COVID-19 stimulus check.   Imagine my surprise when I checked the Get My Payment feature on irs.gov and found out that we qualified for a stimulus payment but the IRS did not have our direct deposit information.

Rather than wait for a paper check, I decided to fill out the form for providing the IRS with our direct deposit.  Then I checked the Get My Payment feature every day afterwards.    It's been 11 days since I submitted the information and I received notice that our stimulus payment will be deposited in the next week. 

So the check, electronically speaking, is in the mail.  We'll see if arrives as stated or if I need to follow up. 

For more on New Beginnings, check back Sundays for a new segment.

This is not financial nor tax advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2020 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: